Saturday 13 April 2013

6b. Evaluating Methods Of Enquiry

I have found the information I have received very interesting. It is because all the information is extremely varied and personal.

First I interviewed myself. This was for a few different reasons. 
One, to get a different style of video interview into my blog. 
Two, because I feel that when I'm talking about something I can express it better than in writing.
Three, it enables me to find out more information than from a survey when people jot down a few lines.
And finally four, because in our industry we get interviewed all the time. Being able to have a good interview puts you streets ahead from anyone else. So getting as much practice as you can get is essential. 
I enjoyed the interview, I hadn't put too much thought into my answers beforehand as I wanted to speak about how I actually felt. Rather than pre thinking up the answers. What didn't make the interview as good as a survey is that it wasn't to the point, I rambled on, and got a lot of information that wasn't needed.

The surveys.
With the surveys, because the questions I have asked don't have right or right or wrong answers I get a huge verity of different answers.
This can go one of two ways:
The positive outlook on it is that I have so much information that I have so much that I could talk about. However, negatively, this could mean that I have no correlations between the answers.  

I use the lessons as focus groups. Because if I had a pre arranged focus group, people are not necessarily going to agree on everything that has been said. Some people are against doing theatre, where as that is where others passions lie.
In the lessons people perk up with their own personal goals. Which has helped me a lot. This could also be looked on as observation.

A disadvantage of observation is that we tend only to take one the information what we want to. We tend to think that some information is unneeded when actually it could be vital to the enquiry.

No comments:

Post a Comment